rhubarb love


  Okay, can you believe I haven't baked in some time? As in some time I mean it's probably been over two weeks.  Apparently that's a long time for me. It's crazy I know.  I've been busy and well when I'm not busy I've been pretty lazy.  I seem to have gotten my read on and I find myself too far into a good book that I can't pull myself out.  But now that I've finished and a little sad that it has, I'm giving myself a breather until the next one, so this gives me a chance to fall back into some good ol' baking. Here's the first round.

rhubarb vanilla crumble

850g (1 3/4 lb) rhubarb (mine was frozen)
2/3 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean split and seeds scraped
crumble topping
1 cup plain (all-purpose) flour
1/3 cup of sugar
100g butter

Preheat  oven to 180 c (350d). Combine rhubarb, sugar and vanilla bean and seeds.  Place in a 6 cup capacity oven proof dish ( I split mine into 3 little ones).  To make the topping, combine flour, sugar and butter. Pile the mixture  on top of the fruit. Bake for 50min or until the topping is golden and the rhubarb is soft.
recipe adapted from Donna Hay

Comments

Chef Chuck said…
I know what you saying, we work hard most of the time, and when we get a change we rest up heavy! Or at lease I do. Looks like a great snack!
La Motte Valois said…
Hey, what a shame you didnt go to Devonport, its just across the water from Auckland CBD, 5 minutes by ferry!
Anyways, thank yiu for visiting my poor blog, Yes, I love BW images and try to give an old and exquisite look.
Come back whenever you wish!
You also have some really cool images, and the recipies are great too! (Love Angella Bites' recipes as well), have you tried her bacon salad yet? MMM, delicious.
Cheers
Dewi said…
Simply delicious, and very pretty too.
gine said…
mmmm ... i love rhubarb :-)!! and i love your pictures :-)!! have a great weekend XOXO
Lucy said…
Oooh I love crumble - delicious! PS I gave you an award !
Miette said…
Ash, it's scrumptious! I love rhubarb! Your pictures are yummy, as usual ! What an artist!

Cheers,

Miette.

PS: many thanks for your tag, I'm very flattered!
I've NEVER baked with rhubarb! Looks delicious! :D
Wow,amazing pictures :)) everything's looking so delicious :)
Pam said…
Hi, this looks great, I never tasted rhubarb because I don't know where I can find it, but I always find several recipes that use the rhubarb, so I think that I need to find them...hehe
great blog
xx
La Bella Cooks said…
This is so pretty and sounds amazing. You inspired me to try my hand at using rhubarb in some new dishes. This looks great.
Hilary said…
I just bought some rhubarb at the farmer's market this weekend because my bf was requesting a crumble. Yours looks yummy and your photos are soooo lovely. Love your style!

Popular Posts